This course establishes the basics of food and beverage management so that you can keep consistent records, calculate food cost percentages, and maximize guest spending in order to remain perpetually profitable. It examines best practices for troubleshooting cost issues, as well as how to recruit, train, develop, and retain good employees, all while maintaining a positive food and beverage culture.
This 30-minute course includes multiple inline activities to aid in the understanding of how to calculate food cost as a percentage of sales, create recipe cards, and engineer your menu properly in order to boost sales. This course also includes a knowledge check to reinforce the concepts and is a vital course for any team member, especially frontline employees, new hires, or employees returning for the new season.
- Define common food and beverage terms
- Collect and analyze sales data for food and beverage products
- Engineer a menu layout according to sales data
- Identify food and beverage management best practices for attractions
- Establish, train, and maintain a strong labor force
Training Time: 30 minutes
Language: American English
Key Features: Inline Activities, Post-Assessment
|*Member - Student or Young Professional
*Login to access IAAPA member pricing.